Recently I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award. This is very exciting for me as this is my first award as a blogger. I recently joined the blogging community back in April and have learned so much already. Although I still have a ton to learn, I am overwhelmed with joy to have been nominated for this award and would like to give a huge thanks to Lauren at Mothering Honestly . She has a great blog on mom life, DIY projects, recipes, and even coupons and deals all from an honest point of view!
So what is the Blogger Recognition Award? It’s a very kind way to give Recognition to bloggers and it is awarded by other bloggers! Once given the award, you pass it on by awarding 15 other bloggers. And so it goes on.
Why I started this blog.
Before passing this award along, I’d like to explain why I started this blog in the first place. I had just given birth to my beautiful baby girl a few months prior and was returning to work from maternity leave. I found myself searching the web for ways to make money from home when I stumbled along a blog post about……..blogging! Don’t get me wrong, I love my job and before having my baby, I had never desired to work from home. However, after bringing this sassy human into the world, my priorities changed completely. I originally started this blog with the intention of making money. At the time, I thought blogging would be simple, however I have quickly realized how much time and effort is needed to be successful. I still love doing it! I have yet to earn money, however I am really enjoying learning the ins and outs and collaborating with other bloggers! With that being said, I’d like to pass on a few words of advice.
My advice to new bloggers.
First, figure out how other bloggers reach their audiences (i.e. Pinterest, Facebook, SEO etc.) and work on getting your blog out to the public!
Second, pick a day or two to dedicate to blogging. This way you have time set aside for writing, designing, researching, advertising and anything else that might need done!
My 15 Nominations.
Be sure to check out these amazing blogs and pass the love on.
- Callie Hawley- A great blog about crafts, travel, and living life with Crohn’s disease.
- Avin S Kohli- A blog with amazingly delicious recipes that all should try.
- Irene Houllis Juaristic- An awesome blog about parenthood, being a working mom, and veterinary content as well.
- Sarah Mailer- A lovely blog with interior design tips and tricks.
- Neel Banerjee- A vlogging blog on running tips, nutrition, and preventing injuries.
- Shakti Utthansingh- A very informative blog on technology products and the best offers in the technology world.
- Keely Ray- A new lifestyle blog on a variety of topics including fashion, beauty, health, and well-being.
- Akira Williams- A unique blog on self-care and life experiences from a young person that has gone through the care system.
- Acacia Carrington- A mental health blog discussing mental health struggles such as anxiety and how to overcome them.
- Gabriela Rolim- A creative blog created by 5 women, discussing lifestyle topics and product reviews as well as traveling and inspiration.
- Bella Miller- A blog on cooking, DIY projects, nannying, college, and several other lifestyle topics. This blog also includes ways to manage anxiety and depression.
- DaSean Daniels- An educational blog on money habits, investing, and building your wealth.
- Angela Theresa- A blog covering all mental health illnesses and advocating for those with mental health illnesses as well as removing the stigma that comes with these topics.
- Emily Doyen- An awesome lifestyle blog covering beauty products, clothing, food, and travel.
- Devesh Salunke- A great blog on generating money online including tips on SEO.
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Write a post to show your award.
Give a brief story of how your blog got started.
Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
Select 15 other bloggers to nominate.
Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to your post.